Search engine optimization (SEO) is the process of improving the volume or quality of traffic to a web site or a web page (such as a blog) from search engines via "natural" or un-paid ("organic" or "algorithmic") search results as opposed to search engine marketing (SEM) which deals with paid inclusion.
The theory is that the earlier (or higher) a site appears in the search results list, the more visitors it will receive from the search engine. SEO may target different kinds of search, including image search, local search, video search and industry-specific vertical search engines. This gives a web site web presence.
Some Example Rankings for Greek Websites
- "latin music" - > www.latinmusic.gr 1st Result among 84.700.000 !
- "lollypop" - > www.lollypop.gr 1st Result among 1.140.000
- "Προγραμματισμός ιστοσελίδων" -> www.lollypop.gr 1st Result among 373.000
- "Μαθήματα πορτογαλικών" -> www.abanico.gr 1st Result among 48.200
- "multimedia shows" -> 1st Result among 7.960.000
- "Μαθήματα ισπανικής γλώσσας" -> www.abanico.gr 2nd Result among 176.000
- "Dna" - > www.dnamag.gr 2nd Result among 124.000.000 !!!
- "world music" -> www.world-music.gr -> 3rd Result among 891.000.000 !!!